Moving Forward Finally!

2/05/2010 08:05:00 AM Posted by Jesus Day Gifts

Moving forward finally!

I received an email to finally have an appointment/interview with our local women's shelter here in York County. I am very excited to get in and work hands on with women and their children. I pray that I find the courage, strength, and wisdom through God to help these women and impact their life in a positive way.

What do I get out of this? Satisfaction of serving God's will in helping others. Watching women who have been destroyed mentally, emotionally, and physically find faith, spirit, courage, and self confidence again to live the life they want.

A part of me is nervous. Can I do this? Can I really help those who are lost and humiliated? Can I help them understand they are worth their weight in Gold and they are lovable? I believe I can or I would not be on this path.

I feel with a few years experience in this mission I will then in turn have the inside knowledge to open my own shelter to help even more women in my area. Yes, to some it may be a tall order. They may feel why would you want to do this? Why would you even get into something that will be so difficult to get into place? Simply, I have too. I feel this is where my calling is in life. This is where I am supposed to go. I am not sure where my journey will lead me but for now I believe I am in the right direction.

I have discovered in me lately, the need to be hands on. I absolutely do not have the desire to run a business online. I am supposed to be working with real people in a life setting, in person.

Wish me prayers and luck that the future leads me to help other women be empowered and come to the realization that they can have an awesome life, filled with respect, love, strength, and faith.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

1 comments:

  1. Dena E's Blog said...

    How very exciting for you and I am sure its from God as there are so many women out there that need a srtong christian mentor, and it is your hearts desire so, You Will do Great with it..
    You Go Girl!!!
    Hugs Dena

Post a Comment

Message from Jesus Day Gifts